Piko Smart Control is the new wireless digital system which incorporates style, sophistication and ease of use.
The system does not require the internet, or a computer to operate your trains.
This unit is the perfect choice for all railway modellers as it can be used on all gauges from Z to G. The controller also uses a large control knob to increase and decrease speed of your selected locomotive.
As this unit is wireless it can be used anywhere around your layout or if you have a garden layout, you will not be tethered to one position on the layout. The Smart Control links easily with the Smart Box which uses a 5.3 amp power supply making this control system one of the most powerful and easy to use wireless digital systems on the market.
Remember it does not require a computer to operate your trains.
Images shown are the European version, your controller will be in English.
Smart Control Details:
Up to 16,384 locomotives in DCC format with up to 28 functions. Name of the locomotive and locomotive symbol can be assigned individually.
Up to 1,024 turnout in DCC format. Name and icon can be selected.
Easy control with touch screen thanks to Android 4 operating system.
Large knob for precise speed setting and direction reversal
Integrated wireless interface for communication with the PIKO SmartBox
PIKO SmartBox Details
Booster with 5.3 amp output and RailComPlus®. Suitable for all gauges
Separate DCC programming track
Wireless interface (access point function) for communication with the PIKO Smart Control
LAN interface for communication with PC
External interface for booster or track occupancy detectors
“Stand-alone” operation or integration possible in the home network
Automatic synchronisation of all data between PIKO Smart controllers
1 x Smart Controller
1 x Smart Box
1 x Lanyard for Smart Controller
1 x USB to Mini USB Cable
1 x Power Adaptor
PIKO SmartControl is a great choice for the model railroader looking for a convenient state-of-the-art DCC digital control system. It is fully NMRA-DCC compatible and suitable for all scales from Z through HO. It combines the advantages of Android smartphone technology with the specific requirements of a model train control system. The PIKO SmartControl system can be as simple or as advanced as you want it to be.
Here are some of the features…
• The SmartController wireless walk-around remote automatically connects via Wi-Fi with the SmartBox base station.
• Select and control your trains, switches, and signals by the simple touch of a finger on the high-resolution touch screen.
• Operation is as easy and intuitive as using your smartphone.
• Icons show the available features at all times.
• A large metal dial allows for precise locomotive speed/direction control and “eyes-off” operation. This is far superior to the crude control of dragging your finger across a screen on a mere smartphone app.
• The speed dial automatically adjusts to the current speed step every time you change locomotives.
• Just like the locomotives, all your switches and signals can be named. Additionally they can be assigned icons to better distinguish between them.
• Decoder and system settings can be conveniently configured using the touch screen. Programming decoders with the SmartController is quick, easy and intuitive.
• Locomotives with RailComPlus® decoders will register automatically and will automatically provide their function key icons into the system.
• Locomotives with other DCC decoders will register and can be programmed in under a minute
• DCC modes supported include 14, 28 and 128 speed steps, plus MTS serial… all of these with long and short addresses.
• Control and store over 16,000 locomotives.
• Control up to 28 functions per locomotive, with individually assignable functions.
• Easily consist up to 4 locomotives per consist.
• Fully NMRA-DCC compatible. Works with all brands of DCC decoders.
• Ethernet port for connection to a home network for computer interface and software updates.
No additional configuration, download or equipment purchase is required. All necessary components as well as a power supply are included with the system.
The PIKO #55040 SmartControl Basic Set comes with these items…
• PIKO SmartController wireless remote
• PIKO SmartBox base station (over 5 Amps capacity with optional larger power supply)
• Safety-approved 120V power supply (5.3 Amps – plenty of power for most HO- and N-Scale layouts)
• Charger and USB cable for SmartController
• PIKO lanyard, for keeping the SmartController with you at all times
• User’s Manual
Want more operators? Easily add more SmartControllers – up to 32 of them!
No need for more power the #55048 5.3 Amp power supply to give you plenty for power, could run some club-sized layout!